Not all blog posts will be open for public comment. For those that are, however, we encourage you to ask questions or share your thoughts on the topic being discussed.
There are a few guidelines we ask that you keep in mind when providing comments on a blog post. Comments that do not meet our guidelines will not be approved for publishing, but they will be retained in WordPress (our blogging platform). We will not publish:
- Obscene, defamatory, profane or otherwise offensive or inappropriate language
- Personal attacks or threats of any kind or offensive terms that target specific ethnic or racial groups
- Product endorsements
- Duplicate posts
- Comments that suggest or encourage illegal, dangerous or destructive activity
- Comments that make unsupported accusations
- Long embedded URL strings (these disrupt the blog formatting and may cause security issues)
- Off-topic comments
We are unable to post comments from children under the age of 13 due to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). If you are 12 years old or younger, you may email us at nhcwebmaster @ noaa.gov rather than posting a comment on this blog.
Your comments on open blog posts are welcome at any time. Depending on the current level of activity of our other job duties, however, we may not always be able to moderate or post comments expeditiously. Please bear with us, and we will get to your comments as soon as possible.